Monday, December 17, 2007

Tiburon in Bonita Springs


Yesterday a grey reef shark was cruising the beaches of Bonita Springs...actually it was a tiburon, actually, it was really Tibu (the Leander dog). My mom was in town visiting and we decided to take a trip to Bonita Springs, about two hours Northwest from Miami. The reason for the long drive - one of the only beaches in Florida that allows to have your dog off the leash.

On the way there, I was confident that my 1/4 tank would last, so confident that I kept on driving even when my "low gas" light came on. I told my mom: "Oh, that means I have about another 100 miles" - More like 1...all of a sudden the engine started to sputter until it turned off.

My mom and Tibu both gave me a look...the only thing I could think of: "People that run out of gas on a highway are so stupid." And there I was...thank god for technology - mobile and GPS. We had help there within 45mins.

Anyway - turned out to be a beautiful day - see photos and video...

Mom - I really enjoyed the trip and having you here!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog came through my news feed. I live by dog beach and was thrilled to read about it on your blog. I've profiled it a few times on my Life in Bonita Springs blog.

Unknown said...

Hi Chris - please send me the link of your blog...

Wolfgang Leander said...

That is my family: beautiful Karinchen and beautiful Tibu. I love'em as much as I love Felix!!!

Wolfgang Leander said...
This comment has been removed by the author.