Monday, December 31, 2012

Is Felix a photographer or does he take pictures?

Critical as I tend to be, I'd say he takes pix as almost everybody else does these days: Mediocre stuff, nothing special. Fair enough - Felix has other interests, and photography has never really gotten into his system.

Once in a while, however, Felix leaves me absolutely flabbergasted when I see the type of images he could take if he only had the burning passion to become a real photographer. One that always has the images and their composition already in his head before actually seeing them in the viewfinder.

The photograph Felix sent me today from his BlackBerry phone is, to me, the irrefutable proof that he is indeed talented. Felix recorded what has been called the hallmark of Henri Cartier-Bresson's work: Squeezing the shutter at the decisive moment.


Here is another fabulous shot taken by Felix, free-diving somewhere in the Bahamas:


And this one is, in his father's most humble opinion, the very best he has ever done. It could have made me utterly jealous for not having taken it myself - but it didn't as the credit for it stays in the family...  :-)



Click on the images to enlarge them.









1 comment:

yancy said...

I like the little green ducks . Those little green ones are mallards?
  cheap jerseys