Thursday, August 26, 2010

Jim Abernethy - a man with his heart in the right place

Jim is one of those shark operators who passionately love sharks; not all feel the same - many are into sharks because it's good business but don't really care for them, not the way Jim does.

A few days ago, Jim witnessed the senseless killing of a hammerhead shark in Florida. He was outraged at what he saw and decided to denounce the incident publicly.

Here is Jim's urgent message:


Good Morning Friends,
http://current.com/green/92627366_shark-death-a-waste-of-life.htm

I need your help please! I am trying to stop the needless shark killing here in my home town. Although this has happened many times at this marina, it was the first time I was in town to catch it, thank God!

Please vote for the video above so this needless killing of an endangered scalloped hammerhead shark, will have more impact! If enough people vote it may go to national news which means more support for stopping the needless slaughter of these beautiful creatures that are so vital to the health of our oceans!

At this moment I am very sad to say that the fisherman, Capt. John Krohn of the "Boomerang", that did this will not be penalized in anyway, because of a interpretation of the law that makes no sense to me whatsoever!
Many of you know me very well and know that because I live at sea, swimming with these beautiful creatures everyday year round, I see this the horrific act the same way most people would look at your pet dog, left on a cart to die and bake in the sun, as if no one gives a dam!

I do give a dam and I hope you do too!


Please make this count and make a difference! This type of behavior infuriates me and needs to be stopped!


Thanks so much for your help!


Save The Sharks,


Jim

Captain John Krohn, yes - YOU:


DEADor



ALIVE?


2 comments:

DaShark said...

http://www.sharkfreemarinas.com/?

Unknown said...

it may possibly go to countrywide information which implies additional assistance for stopping the needless slaughter of those stunning creatures
What can we do when we have many boring free time? How about try to get access to the online games? When we talk about the game, we need to talk about the WOW Gold. As the WOW is the world's most famous online game,all of us knows that we have to get the Cheap RS Gold to save money !