Watch the video here.
Essentially a spear-fisherman / guide takes other spear-fishermen on fishing trips in the Bahamas - one of these tourists panicked as shark got to close and decided to shoot shark in head - instigated an already potentially dangerous situation even more. Unfortunate for the guide that he got the worst of the aggression. Some thoughts:
- Diver panicked and shot shark - if you are not comfortable around sharks get out of the water (and if spearing...)
- Shark felt threatened and defended itself after diver attacked it
- Careful who you take into the water - specially in spear-fishing circumstances, need more OceanSmart people
- Neal Watson claims that Caribbean Reef sharks are "safe" while lemons are dangerous - WHAT? Caribbean Reef sharks can be like street dogs and in packs even bolder. I would rather be in the water with a Tiger Shark than a Reef (personal opinion - as are all other points above.
- A lot more potentially dangerous things happening in the Bahamian waters than the Tiger Beach